Mental Health First Aid Standard Virtual Course – Terms and Conditions
Facilitator: Cynthia Schoppmann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
By registering and completing the payment for this training course, you accept and agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions:
- You acknowledge that the Mental Health Commission of Canada (“MHCC”) owns or licenses the intellectual property rights for the content of its training courses. You agree not to copy, distribute, modify, create derivate works from, or otherwise exploit any of the content unless you have express written permission from MHCC to do so.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to register for and attend a training course.
- Information covered in the training course relates to the topic of mental health and suicide and may be sensitive for some participants. If you have been recently bereaved by suicide or feel that now is not the right time for you to complete this training course, consider your well-being before registering for or attending a course.
- The training courses are for individual use only. The training course is not to be displayed in a classroom or group setting and you must not record any part of the training course.
- To attend the training course, you must have access to a working camera, microphone and speakers or earphones during each session.
- You agree to keep anything that is shared by participants and the facilitator during the training course strictly confidential. Screenshots or pictures of the material or participants may not be taken during the course.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cynthia Schoppmann, CJS Psychotherapy & Consulting Services, and the MHCC against all claims or liability asserted against Cynthia Schoppmann, CJS Psychotherapy & Consulting Services and the MHCC arising out of or in connection with any breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- By providing your email address to register for this course, you expressly consent to receive emails from the facilitator Cynthia Schoppmann; however, you may unsubscribe from this service at any time by replying to email@example.com. Cynthia Schoppmann may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other courses, products or services.
- You agree that the information provided by you during registration is accurate and current. You must keep your access credentials private and confidential. You are solely responsible for any use and misuse of your Opening Minds Learning account, and you must promptly notify the MHCC of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account. You must not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person when creating an account or accessing a training course. Once registered, you will be sent details allowing you to complete Module 1, which is a self-directed learning module. Proof of completion of this module is required before you are able to attend any of the live virtual parts of the course. Failure to complete the module will mean that you cannot continue with the course and no refund nor transfer to another course will be possible. In order to receive your certification, you must complete Module 1 and attend the live virtual training for Modules 2 and 3 in its entirety. Should you miss significant portions of the live training, you will not be eligible to receive your certification.
- In the event that you cannot attend a course that you are already registered for, the following cancellation policies will apply: You must contact the facilitator Cynthia Schoppmann both by phone (613-317-2179) and by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to advise of your cancellation. You are responsible to ensure that Cynthia Schoppmann has received your message(s) around cancelling your registration. You will receive a confirmation that your cancellation request has been received. Failure to receive such confirmation may indicate that your cancellation request has not gone through or has not been received by the facilitator, Cynthia Schoppmann. Cancellations occurring prior to 4 weeks of the start of the live virtual course will be refunded in whole, minus a $100 administration fee (as the costs for access codes cannot be reimbursed). Cancellations occurring between 2-4 weeks prior to the start of the live virtual course will be refunded in whole, minus a $150 administration fee. Cancellations occurring within 2 weeks of the start date of the live virtual course will not be eligible for any refund. If you register within 2 weeks of a live virtual course start date, these terms and conditions still apply.